Grand Rapids is the 2nd largest city in Michigan. The city has a history as a furniture-manufacturing community is currently home to some of the world’s leading office furniture companies. Grand Rapids is a wonderful place to experience art, food, beer, and music. Some of my favorite things about Grand Rapids are:
- VanAndel Arena- so many wonderful concerts, sporting events and shows happen here.
- John Ball Zoo- this is a great zoo especially for young kids. It has enough to occupy a child for several hours but not too much where you feel like you will miss out if you do not have a full day to spend there. It is very well maintained and they are continually improving what they have to offer.
- Frederick Meijer Gardens- this is a gorgeous facility that has plenty to offer children and adults alike.
- Art Prize- this event is so fun! Art is displayed all over the city and so many people come out to appreciate it and vote for their favorites.
- The Children’s Museum- Sadly my children are too old to appreciate this place. When they were little, we loved our trips to check out what they had for them to play with. Bubbles, dress up, grocery store pretend play, music, and so much more.
- The Grand Rapids Civic Theatre- this place gives me all the feels of going back in time. The Civic Theatre was established in 1925 and is one of the oldest and largest theatres in the nation.